Search by 'mailing services' tag
Is the cost for postage included in my Mailing Services order?Yes, all costs, including postage, have been calculated and added to the total shown on the final order screen of your Mailing Services order.
When will my direct mail reach my customers?
Mailing Services orders will be printed and mailed within 6 business days of your order date; however, we do not offer targeted mailing dates. If shipped via First Class mail, your customers will begin receiving direct mail within 3-6 business days of mailing. If shipped via Standard Mail, your customers will begin receiving direct mail within 6-15 business days of mailing.
NOTE: The Expected Delivery Date applies only to any extra prints sent to the purchaser, not the Mailing List recipients.
Can I use my own mailing permit?At this time, you may not use your own mailing permit for our Mailing Services.
Will my mailing lists remain confidential?Yes, your mailing list remains confidential. Overnight Prints does not share or sell your mailing lists.
What if I have more names on my mailing list than the amount of products ordered?
We recommend purchasing the exact or next highest quantity to ensure delivery to all addresses on your mailing list.
If your order contains fewer products than the number of addresses on your Mailing List, products will be sent out to the first addresses from the list until your product supply is exhausted. Please note that address are pre-sorted for mailing and cannot be guaranteed to be sent in any particular order.
For delivery to the remaining addresses, another Mailing Services order will need to be placed for the remaining quantity. As part of our service, the full mailing list is saved to My Account for up to 6 months.
What is the difference between Mailing Services and EDDM?Direct mail marketing is an effective way to reach potential customers. Ideal for small business owners and other professionals, Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) provides mailing services without the need for a mailing list by targeting every household within a select postal route. Mailing Services provides labeling and shipping to exact mailing addresses whether for business or personal mailings.
What if the zip code only shows 4 digits?The zip code likely contains a leading zero and will show only 4 digits on the Mailing List. No adjustments are necessary as our system will automatically correct the zip code format prior to mailing.
What if the product quantity exceeds the names on my mailing list?
If the number of products ordered exceeds the number of addresses on the mailing list by 25 or more, you may choose to have the remaining products mailed to your own address (Example: List contains 452 recipients, but closest product quantity is 500). Please note that Postcards may contain postal marks.
To receive delivery of the overages, check the option to "Ship the extras" and select the desired Shipping Method on the Approve & Order Page. Priority/Standard Ground is highly recommended.
Do I need to include a return address on direct mail products?No, it is not required to provide a return address on your direct mail products. For Greeting Cards, return service is only available if an address is provided on the envelope.
What if the addresses on my mailing list are invalid and my direct mail cannot be mailed?Our system will automatically scrub your Mailing List for invalid addresses. The customer is ultimately responsible for uploading valid mailing addresses.
How can I use Mailing Services?
Overnight Prints Mailing Service is the one-stop solution to your direct mail campaigns. Postcards, Jumbo Mailers and Greeting Cards are labeled, stamped and shipped with no hassle on your end. Choose from First Class Mailing sizes, such as 4x6 and 4.25x5.5; or Standard and/or First Class Mailing sizes 5x7, 5.5x8.5, 6x9, and Jumbo Mailer 6x11.
Using Mailing Services Mailing Services is currently available for Postcard, Jumbo Mailer and Greeting Card products.
PLACE ORDER: To start a Mailing Services order, first upload a file or create a new design for a Postcard, Jumbo Mailer or Greeting Card through the website. After submitting a finished design, continue to the next page and select Mailing Services to launch the interface.
MAILING LIST: Accepted files formats for mailing lists include CSV, text, XLS and DSB. Columns in the list must include the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Street Address
- Zip Code Note: If you are experiencing any issues with uploading the list, check the formatting to make sure the listed columns are included. Also, try removing any header information or column labels.
If the number of products ordered exceeds the number of names on the mailing list by 25 or more, you may choose to have the remaining products mailed to your own address (Example: List contains 452 recipients, but closest product quantity is 500).
Can I use Mailing Services for any product?
Can I download my mailing list?Yes, log into My Account to download a stored Mailing List.
Can I have duplicate addresses in my mailing list?No, please avoid duplicate mailing addresses in your Mailing List. Overnight Prints will attempt to remove duplicate entries prior to mailing.
What format should I use to upload my mailing list?
CSV (Comma Separated Value) and Excel files are accepted.
File Upload Requirements:
- The columns in your upload files can be sorted in any order. Our tool allows you to match your formatted columns to the appropriate fields in our system.
- Your mailing list must include the following as separate columns: first_name, last_name, address, city, state and zip.
- Convert your .XLS spreadsheet to a Text .CSV (Comma Separated Value or Comma Delimited) or a Windows Text .CSV (for MAC users). Go to File, then Save As and change the file type to .CSV. Please note that addresses are limited to three (3) lines when printed: Name, Address and City/State/Zip.
Do standard shipping methods apply to direct mail orders?
No, Overnight Prints Mailing Services apply different shipping methods than standard orders without a mailing list.
Postcard size Shipping Method 4.25" x 5.5" First Class 4" x 6" First Class 5"x 7" First Class or Standard 5.5" x 8.5" First Class or Standard 6" x 11" First Class or Standard
What is the refund policy for Mailing Services?Refunds are considered on a case-by-case basis. In general, postage and processing fees may be refunded if your order is still in pre-production, or has been printed but not yet mailed. If you experience issues with your Mailing Services order and would like to request possible compensation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I order Mailing Services for postcards or greeting cards?To place a Mailing Service order, please follow the steps below.
- Create an account or login to your existing account.
- Choose Upload A List (continue to #3) or Enter Addresses Manually (skip to #4). Please note that we do not mail internationally and recommend removing any international addresses prior to uploading or creating a mailing list.
- To upload an existing database list, the following file types are accepted: CSV, text, XLS, DSB. Please note that addresses are limited to three (3) lines (Name, Address and City/State/Zip).
- Click Save & Continue.
- For POSTCARDS, review the USPS Regulations and be sure to leave the red areas designated for the post office free of all color, text and watermarks. Then skip to #8. For GREETING CARDS, continue to #6.
- Upload your design file or create it using one of our online design options (Build Your Own Design or Browse Our Designs).
- For GREETING CARDS, select white envelopes (USPS does not accept colored envelopes).
- For all products, select the quantity and any gloss UV coating. (NOTE: Gloss UV coating can only be applied to the front)
- Once in the Shopping Cart, select a Mailing Service from the "To Apply a Mailing List" drop down menu. (NOTE: You will not have the option "To Apply a Mailing List" if there is full gloss coating on the back of your Postcard)
- Where applicable, select the desired Mailing Type (1st Class or Standard).
- If there no extra prints from your Mailing list, enter the Billing Zip Code. If there will be any extra prints, you may choose to have the extras mailed to you by entering your Shipping Zip Code (See Shipping Information for more details).
- Complete checkout.
Why can't I add Mailing Services to my order?For Mailing Services, orders must adhere to all USPS Regulations. Postcard orders (Postcard sizes 4x6, 4.25x5.5, 5x7, 5.5x8.5, 6x9, or 6x11 Jumbo Mailer) with the following CANNOT be delivered using our Mailing Services:
- Full gloss coating or spot UV on back of Postcard
- Rounded corners
- Containing any vulgarity, pornographic or illegal material