Search by 'artboard' tag
How do I use the artboard to apply Texture?Basic and advanced editing tools can be used to create custom designs and select finishes for individual image or text files.
LAYERThe Layer panel allows you to adjust the layers of all of your assets.
- Menu icon: View all finishes applied to each asset
- Modify the order (from top to bottom) to bring the asset to the front or send to the back
ADD IMAGE Follow the below guidelines for placement of text, images and background within our pre-sized template.
FILE SPECS SAFE ZONE (3.375" x 1.875"): Texture can only be applied to image and text files (not background) within the designated Safe Zone. Place all important elements, such as text and logos, inside of the red line to avoid the risk of being cut off in print production. TRIM SIZE (3.5" x 2"): This is the finished size where the document is estimated to be trimmed. Machine cut lines will be within 1/16 inch of the trim line, but may not always be exact. BLEED SIZE (3.625" x 2.215", 1088 x 638 px): To ensure images are printed to the edge without any white borders, upload background image files with 0.125" bleed on all sides that extend past the trim line and fill the entire frame.
ADD TEXT Use formatting tools to adjust text fields, including style, font family, font size, text color and alignment.
EDIT MODEBasic and advanced editing tools can be used to create custom designs.
IMAGE PROPERTIES: Double-click on the image or layer to edit and preview the image before applying changes.
- CHANGE IMAGE: Replace the current image by uploading a new file or choose a saved file.
- RECROP IMAGE: Use the crop panel to modify your cropped image. Click and drag the square crop indicators, or click Advanced Options to specify position, size and ratio.
- OVERLAY: Apply an overlay to bring an image to front of all other assets.
- PREVIEW: See a preview of changes to the image before applying the design.
- RENDER: Prevent selected assets from displaying in the final rendering.
POSITION: Adjust the placement of assets using the X-Y axis, scaling tool, rotation and on layers.
- X-AXIS: Determine the horizontal position of the asset.
- Y-AXIS: Determine the vertical position of the asset.
- SCALE X: Determine the width of the asset.
- SCALE Y: Determine the height of the asset.
- ROTATION: Image will rotate to a given number in degrees.
- ALIGN: Align the image to the top, bottom, left, right or center.
- FRONT/BACK: Determine the layer to place the image.
FXTo begin, select one or multiple assets from the Layer panel, select the Ink Options panel (FX) and apply desired finish. Note that when Spot UV or Texture is selected, the other finish is also turned on automatically.
INK OPTIONS: Apply special inks and finishes from the Ink Options panel to selected assets.
- CMYK: Select CMYK to display your asset in color.
- SPOT UV: Spot UV applies a high gloss to the selected asset.
- TEXTURE: Adjust the thickness of the Spot UV by adjusting the grayscale. The darker the gray, the thicker the resulting texture on the printed document.
- To view the document in full color, select the CMYK preview.
- To view where special inks will be applied, select the Texture preview to display in black and white. Black areas represent where the selected ink will be applied; gray areas represent where the selected ink will be partially printed.