Search by 'bitmap photoshop spot uv tif' tag
How do I create a spot UV file?
Spot UV files should have 1 bit color depth. This is shown on Photoshop as Bitmap image mode. Spot UV files should have 300 dpi (300 dpi vertical and horizontal). Tiff files should be uncompressed. This is specified in when saving something as tiff in Photoshop. With respects to using Illustrator, ensure an unpainted, unfilled box of the full bleed dimensions of the product for the spot to overlay perfectly.
Converting other formats to 1 bit tiff files:
- Open the file in Photoshop.
- Convert to Bitmap image mode. (1 bit, B&W).
- If file is not in grayscale image mode, you will need to change it before converting to bitmap.
- When converting to bitmap image mode, select a resolution of 300 dpi and "50% Threshold" for method.
- Save as a tiff file. Select no compression.