Search by 'how to create spot gloss spot uv instructions spot uv tutorial' tag
What is Spot UV?
Spot UV adds a gloss coating on certain spots of your design, such as a company logo, while leaving other areas uncoated in a matte finish. To apply spot UV, a separate 1 bit (B&W) tiff file must be created. The black pixels should correspond with the areas where gloss will be applied. Spot UV files must fit our file specs.
Select "Add Spot UV," located below the uploader, to add your spot UV file.
- If you need assistance creating a Spot UV file, you will need to do the following:
- Design the card or upload a finished design.
- Complete the order process.
- Immediately log into My Orders and place the order on hold before our print cutoff time of 5PM (PST). This is the most important step - failing to put the order on hold before the cutoff time will make your order ineligible for any resolution should there be any printing issues.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the spot UV file (please follow instructions below on how to create a SPOT UV FILE) and provide us with your invoice number.
- Once the file has been uploaded, our File Support Staff will remove the hold from your order and send to print.
NOTE: Please be advised that once your email has been received the process may take up to 48 hours to upload your gloss file, and send your order to print.