OvernightPrints.com FAQ: Questions in 'Mailing Lists' category
What format should I use to upload my mailing list?CSV (Comma Separated Value) or XML (Extensible Markup Language).
File Upload Requirements
We only accept comma separated value files (.csv). The columns in your upload files can be sorted in any order. Our tool allows you to match your columns to the appropriate fields in our system.
Columns accepted and their allowed lengths are first_name(15), middle_initial(1), last_name(25), last name suffix(10), address_1(40)*, address_2(40), city(25)*, state(2)*, zip(10)*, carrier_route(10), delivery_point(10), phone_number(30), company_name(40), fax_number(30), title(25). Required fields are marked with *.
Use caution to save your data files as simple text files using a ".csv" extension. Many text editors (i.e., Microsoft Word or WordPerfect) use hidden characters to help format the data. Files saved using these hidden formatting characters will cause errors in creating or using your lists.
Can I download my list for use elsewhere?Yes, if you log in to your Overnight Prints account and open up a mailing list, you can download it to your computer.
Will the information on my postcards be seen by anybody who is not on my list of addresses? What if I want to put confidential information on these postcards?Any extra postcards that are printed and not mailed will be thrown away insecurely. Do not put any confidential information into your postcard design.
Can I add my personal address to the mailing list so that I receive an example of the product?Yes, you have the option of adding one address to the mailing list, and it can be your own.
What happens if many of the addresses on my list are invalid or my list is badly formatted and my postcards cannot be mailed?Overnight Prints' customer service team will contact you and let you know, giving you three options: We can clean up your list for you (minimum $45.00 charge, depending on the number of records) We can mail the valid addresses and ship the unused postcards back to your address or you can reformat and resubmit your list.
Will Overnight Prints save my mailing list after I upload, or create it?Yes, Overnight Prints will store your mailing list to your My Overnight Prints account in the Mailing Lists section. If you previously purchased a list from InfoUSA through us, the list will be saved in your My Account. Unfortunately, we do not store any list that was either uploaded or inputted into our system for holiday cards. If you wish to mail holiday cards often, we recommend creating a CSV file of your contacts so you can simply upload the list each time. The required fields for this file are First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, and Zip Code.
How long is my previously purchased list saved in My Account for?Your previously purchased list will be saved in your My Account for one year from the date purchased.
Can I use this mailing list option to send out brochures?No, the only products that are currently available for use with the mailing list option are postcards and greeting cards. You have the choice of five postcard sizes, either 4.25 x 5.5, 4x6, 5x7, 5.5x8.5 or 6x11 and two greeting card sizes, either 4.25 x 5.5 or 5.5 x 8.5 (folded).
I have my house number and street name on separate columns and it is being rejected.In order for your list to be accepted, the house number and street name must be in one column. Below are the steps to combine the House Number with the Street Name.
1. Insert a Column between the House Number and Street Name.
2. In the 1st cell of that Column, hit spacebar (1) time.
3. Use the Fill Handle to copy the Space to the end of your list.
4. Insert (2) Columns after the Street Name.
5. In the 1st cell of the 1st Column you just added, type the formula that reflects the House Number (1234), Space ( ) and Street Name (Decatur Ave). Example: =B2&C2&D2 this would then appear in F2 as 1234 Decatur Ave.
6. Use the Fill Handle to copy the complete Address to the end of your list.
7. Copy the entire Column that now contains your complete Address.
8. In the 1st cell of the 2nd Column (Example: G2) you previously added, Right Mouse Click and Paste Special.
9. Select Text or Value, depending on which version of MS Excel you are using.
10. Verify that the formula does not appear in your formula bar. If it does, you selected the wrong Paste Special Option. Please try another until the formula does not appear.
11. Delete the previous Columns that are no longer needed. Example: B2, C2, D2 and F2.
12. Save your changes as a Text .CSV (Comma Separated Value/Delimited)
You are now ready to upload your Mailing List to your account.
Can I have duplicate addresses?No. Overnightprints will remove duplicate addresses of the same content. Please make sure there are no duplicates in your file.